IAHHRM Registrar's Office - Welcome to the IAHHRM fellow colleagues!

Dear fellow colleague,

Thank you so much for joining us at Laurel Placement and The Intercontinental Academy of Household, Hotel and Resort Management (IAHHRM) at The Inn of the Patriots.  We have begun our expansion in 2019 by now bringing our school to resorts, clubs, and estates! After ten years and 5,000+ students graduates, we are moving forward. 

The IAHHRM is an enduring and nurturing community that values life-long learning. Our trademarks are academic excellence and social commitment. We prepare our students to produce the “next new idea” and to become the servant-leaders that will effect order and change in a global profession of service and hospitality by incorporating new technologies, practices, and knowledge into our teaching, service, and research.

The mission of the Office of the Registrar is to provide the policy and procedure information to faculty, staff, and students and to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of student records and transcripts. Specifically, the office performs the following functions: creates and posts the registration schedule, manages student records, clears students for graduation, determines academic honors, provides academic transcripts, verifies student enrollments, and assists students with changes to status. The point person in the Registrar’s Office for students is Stormy LeAnn Neal who can be reached at stormy@theinnofthepatriots.com

Student Records and Confidentiality: The IAHHRM complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 in protecting the confidentiality of student records. By FERPA, IAHHRM has identified the following information as Directory information which the college can release to third parties as appropriate: Name, telephone number, address, dates of enrollment, the program of study, email, degrees, and honors awarded. Students who wish to restrict the release of directory information need to complete and submit the Request to Restrict form to the Registrar’s Office.

Student Access to Records: Students may have access to their records by submitting a written request to the Registrar’s Office. The Office will inform the students as to how their records may be inspected within 15 days of the request.

Other Access to Records: Parents and legal guardians may have access to student records if their student is under 18 or a legal dependent as defined by the United States tax codes. Students who are older than 18 or who are NOT legal dependents may allow specified persons access to specified educational information by completing and submitting a Permission to Release form.

Registration: Students register for courses they wish to take in the subsequent semester. Registration information is posted to the IAHHRM Website each semester or directly via email. Students are encouraged to consult with their advisor before registering each semester to be sure that all required coursework is being taken in a logical sequence that will optimize student success. Students should be sure to check ahead of Registration for possible holds on their accounts that might interfere with their ability to register and take care of those issues. Students who miss the Official Registration period may register during Late Registration.

Adding, Dropping, Withdrawing from courses: Please contact your advisor to add, drop, swap, or withdraw from classes. You can do so at any time and with no penalty.

Official Leaves of Absence: Students may request and be granted an Official Leave of Absence with the Registrar’s office only at any time they feel like it. There are no penalties.

Unofficial Leaves: All students who are not registered by the end of Week 2 each semester are placed on unofficial leave by the Registrar’s Office and will be reported as “dropped” to their loan servicers. This means that your loan repayment period will begin as of the last day that you were actually enrolled in courses. Students may be on unofficial leave for two semesters. If you have student loans and must return to the Academy, please do so.

Withdrawing from the College: Students who have determined that they wish to withdraw from the IAHHRM for whatever reason must notify the Registrar’s Office of that intent. The Registrar’s Office is the only office that can withdraw students from the college. You will not be charged for any additional classes and any retainer on file will be refunded.

Transfer of Credits: Students who have earned credits at other post-secondary institutions and would like to have those credits considered for transfer will need to submit an official transcript to the Transfer Credit Coordinator. Credits that are accepted will post to students’ transcripts. Transfer credits carry no grade point average values.

Graduation: Students are strongly encouraged to apply for the award of their certification two semesters before completing coursework. This gives the Registrar’s Office time to audit transcripts and gets back to students regarding missing requirements if there happen to be any problems. Students who finish their program before conferral may request letters of completion through the Registrar’s Office. Students who wish to participate in the Commencement ceremony should apply by the first Monday in January, April, August or November of their commencement year. Students should not order regalia until they have been notified by the Registrar’s Office that they have been approved to walk. Late grad applicants may be allowed to request regalia and walk, but depending on the timeframe, may not have a certificate ready for conferral. Students who are walking in Commencement ceremonies but who have not completed all requirements will receive diplomas and be awarded graduation honors only when all grades have been posted to their transcripts.

Requesting Registrar Services: In addition to all the services already mentioned, students who need assistance with the following actions should contact the Registrar’s Office:

  • Changing from one program to another
  • Changing majors or requesting a second major
  • Requesting a minor
  • Changing a legal address (you can change your mailing address through SonisWeb, but legitimate addresses must be verified by the Registrar’s Office)
  • Legal name change
  • Letters of Enrollment Verification or Letters of Completion