Unbelievable Local Attractions
In the Top 10 for tourism out of 100 counties in our state!
Within a six to 20 minute drive from the inn, you can be at some of the earth’s most famous, record-holding activities! At night, you get to come home to our rocking porch out front or our farm and fire pit in back. Our inn is located in the peaceful, small, simple, quiet town of Grover - yet very close to stunning attractions. The number one reason guests visit is to see the Kings Mountain National Military Park. Run by the National Park Service you can see live revolutionary war actors firing cannons, muskets, and rifles. You’ll also enjoy seeing the History Channel movie theater or indoor forest museum which showcase why President Thomas Jefferson credits this battle with being the turning point of the entire revolutionary war. Enjoy the free show! Many guests love the peaceful walk on the 1.5-mile battle trail showcasing the various monuments and critical combat moments - via a new cellular phone tour. Over 100 million guests have been elated to find something new and exciting to enjoy, that they have not previously been to.
The world top ranked, stunning, mega-gardens!
If you like flowers, butterflies, Orchids and water fountains - then be sure to visit the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens as it is listed as a Top Garden on the earth. It is a garden for all seasons and is open all year long with an amazing display of lights, live music station on the pond, warm fires with smores, and wine stations during the holiday season. You'll also enjoy the endless waterfalls, orchid arboretum, and fountains!
You can get in several miles of walking here as well if you like, enjoy the gift shop, and cafe. OPEN YEAR-ROUND WITH CONTINUING DISPLAYS AND FLOWERS.
Two massive Drive-in HD screens with four movies per weekend!
Numerous wineries, olive oil store, orchards, spirits mills and cheese farm!
- Windy Hill Orchard with music, regular and hard apple cider bar, and more!
- Baker Buffalo Creek, Veronet, Woodmill, Southern Charm, and Vesuvius Vineyards. Taste, tour, and buy.
- Our own Dragonfly Wine Market with hard cider bar and live music Wednesday to Saturday. Enjoy over 500 wines and 300 bottled beers from across the world.
- Guernsey Girl Creamery on the NC Cheese Trail!
- Our own Ni Fen Bistro with upscale dining in Uptown Shelby, NC.
- Newgrass Brewing, Cavendish Brewing, and Ole Dallas Brewery! Taste, tour, and buy.
- Farmer's Market Wednesday and Saturday in the mega-pavilion in Shelby.
- Muddy River, South Mountain, and Blue Ridge distilling companies. Taste, tour, and buy.
- And try handmade chocolates at Lindt or Godiva!
The largest man-made river complex in the earth's history
You’ll find the world’s largest man-made river at The United States National Whitewater Center where the Olympic team trains and you can enjoy Whitewater rafting, war canoes for the family on the open Catawba river, rock-climbing, the mega jump, dining, thousands of feet of the zip-line, obstacle courses and live entertainment! Try the basic rafting and then go Olympic!
FACT: This hunger games controlled world hosts the American and Canadian Olympic Teams for training. Now it's your turn for torn open fun! And try the island beer-garten or restaurant dining!
Massive, world record-setting horse shows and free fun!
See Chimney Rock and be floored!
See and climb the famed Chimney Rock for a breathtaking view of Lake Lure (or take the elevator). Take a boat ride on the lake or dine by the water. Walk and see the very spots for filming Dirty Dancing with Jennifer Grey and Richard Gere (we offer the Special Edition to watch in our home theater). Enjoy the Dirty Dancing Festival or the Lake Lure hidden mountain beach at the top of the chain! Many guests have gone to the secret beach inside of the mountains. And be sure to watch out when driving into these towns, but especially BAT CAVE, where the batmobile races out of occasionally!
Lake Lure is where you will see The Last of the Mohicans with Madeleine Stowe and Daniel Day-Lewis showcased for the famous filming there (we offer the Special Edition to watch in our home theater). We also highly warn folks about driving into Chimney Rock as the town is so magical your entire day and the world can end. Numerous guests have informed us about never being able to move forward to their destination, the cries, and shrieks in the car to "pull over now!!!" And spending the entire day in Chimney Rock town to see the shops and the Flowering Bridge.
The BMW Museum and Zentrum break 14 world records
Or visit the largest android and robot factory ever built in history holding 14 world records at the BMW test-driving facility and manufacturing plant. The tour held here is mesmerizing as well as mind-blowing and has been featured globally in the news. We have numerous people who have saved for up to 10 years coming - just to see this facility – whether from Germany or Hong Kong they’ve often commented, that, "this is a life’s journey for me."
STUNNING - AS PART OF YOUR JOURNEY PLAN WHILE IN THIS REGION
56 local attractions - just click our MAP page
Additional SLINGSHOT, mind-blowing regional attractions
- The rather magical Little Switzerland, NC, a colonial toll road with gate - a must stop and see or stay one night. Especially if you have been to Switzerland or just love it, cowbells, and more! Amazing views.
- Jonesborough, TN for a magical colonial town stuck in the 1700s!
- Helen, GA - a Bavarian city that seems like you have teleported to charming Germany!!! Beyond human explanation or understanding.
- Dollywood Amusement Park and Resort with famed Gatlinburg Strip, LIVE NIGHTLY Broadway-style shows, the Titanic Museum +++
- The Wizard of Oz in The Land of Oz Theme Park (unbelievable). A top 20 LIFE BUCKET list item for a journey of a lifetime. Our whole family was giddy as little kids when we skipped our way in!
- Tweetsie Railroad for a magical time with kids in a fantasy amusement park.
- Mayberry! Mayberry RFD icon Andy Griffith grew up in Mount Airy, North Carolina, and it's no coincidence that a stroll down Mount Airy's Main Street reminds people of the town of Mayberry from The Andy Griffith Show.
- The Great Smoky Mountains Railroad! Family Fun in Western North Carolina! Enjoy a ride, dining, special events for the Polar Express and more all year long! Located in the heart of Bryson City, NC at 45 Mitchell Street, just minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park - the most visited national park in the USA.